Klicke hier um zur deutschen Version der Dokumentation zu gelangen.
adaptor:ex helps you to create interactive performances, theater games, installations, chatbot adventures or escape rooms. The graphical programming interface is optimized to bring dramaturgy and game mechanics together and arrange them in a visually concise way.
You can make quick adjustments during rehearsals, monitor and control the live flow during tests and live shows.
The adaptor:ex editor is opened in your web browser, and you can edit the same game with several people at the same time.
Plugins extend the capabilities of your adaptor:ex setup. So you can connect many different software interfaces and devices in one game or story.
On these pages you will find more about how to use adaptor:ex to connect and control your storyline, game mechanics, software and hardware.
Follow the Getting Started guide and try out adaptor:ex right now.
adaptor:ex is a web application that you install and host yourself on your computer or a server. Under Installation you will find the different ways to set up the application.
Start with a Tutorial if you want to get to know one of the many ways you can use adaptor:ex.
News and Updates
19/06/2023 Update Version 2.2
- Fixed: permissions could not be set for telegram group chats using Edit Chat
- Added MQTT Plugin that allows to send MQTT messages and to react on messages that have been published to the network.
- In addition to Accounts, Telegram Bots can now be connected to adaptor:ex via the Telegram plugin.
- Improved error feedback when setting up plugins and plugin items
- Level names can be now be edited
- Some smaller bug fixes and minor adjustments
03/04/2023 Update Version 2.1
- Added random function to embedded functions
- Fixed: Could not change duration of Telegram "is typing" feature
- Fixed: reply option in Telegram On Message not working anymore since version 2.0.
- A few smaller bug fixes and minor adjustments
27/02/2023 Update Version 2.0
Besides many major and minor bug fixes and improvements, the update to Version 2.0.0 includes the following changes:
- Improved line routing
- Duplicate state option
- Drag and Drop action from one state to another
- Copy action option
- Reorder actions inside a state
- Improved multi user and multi browser collaboration
- Instantly update level changes for all users in all browsers
- Visualize remote users editing the same level
- Added loading animation
- Fixed: Console log stops updating when there are more than 11000 Lines
- Added information about referenced items in level view and overview
- Improved function action with
- Inline functions arguments allow string type, number type and variables (see functions as variables)
- Add new functions and properties to game and session context
- Events are now bound to an event source (see events)
- Sessions, Plugins, Plugin Items and Data items can now dispatch events
- Added typing delay option to
- Improved working with polls
invite linkoption to
- You can now add plugins from the data or any custom directory
Documentation for version 1.x
Older versions of the documentation can be found in the source repository on gitlab.
From the branches selection choose the required version under tags.
Latest 1.x version can be found here.
Migrate from previous version
Version 2 includes several changes that will break most games that were created in previous versions.
Important changes to the server configuration are:
- The default data directory is now called "adaptorex" instead of "data"
- The "user" option in "config.json" is now called "users" (see Readme)
If you want to migrate levels created with version 1.x you need to consider the following changes if you use any of the respective elements:
- Data action
load("Load Item") is now called
- Data action
create("Create Item") is now called
- "name" property in data action
create) is now called "reference".
- The property
namein the function action is now called
- The syntax for functions that are called inside variables has changed
Functions that are called inside variables are now referenced by
functions (plural) instead of
function and functions that are called inside variables require to define the arguments type. You will need to wrap all arguments in quotes to update your level.
[[function.test(value1,value2)]] should become
- Telegram action
dialog("Dialog") is now called
onMessage("On Incoming Message")
On Incoming Message
timeoutstructure changed and is now separated into
- Twilio Action
smsoutis now called
- Twilio Action
smsinis now called
- Twilio Action
callinis now called
- Telegram and Twilio
telnumberproperty is now called
To make sure you get hold of all changes, download each level and find and replace the above names, before you upload your levels to the updated adaptor:ex editor.
Even though it is possible to adapt all elements of a game to fit Version 2 we recommend to create a new game and recreate your plugins and copy your data collections from the original project.
Senate Department for Culture and Europe Berlin